Sunday, June 27, 2010

Battle of the Brands

So I know I have heard someone do Battle of the Brands.... But I have no idea when or who it was, so I can't give the credit to them. What this basically means is you take two similar products, but are two different brands and you compare them. Normally you do a high end and low end product, but it doesn't really matter. Anyways I thought I would share my thoughts on a product that has been receiving some serious love in the blogging community: NYC's Blushable Creme Stick. I thought I would do a comparison between this product which is sooo affordable compared to NARS' Multiple in Orgasm.




Product: NYC Blushable Creme Stick

Color: Plaza Pink

Price: $3.99

Location (Where can you find this?): The Drugstore (Walgreens, Rite Aid, Target, etc.)


VS.


Product: NARS Multiple

Color: Orgasm

Price: $38

Location: Sephora, Online




So that is the basic information for the products. :)


This the NARS Multiple. I personally own the mini version of this, but it is the same product nonetheless. The Sephora website says it "imparts the radiant peachy pink with shimmer to the eyes, cheeks, lips, and decolletage.

PROS: The procuct is very silky... I mean it just feels so smooth and soo easy to blend. I just love the packaging of NARS products... I really do :) It has no smell, which I like. It does have a LOT of shimmer (depending on what type of person you are this depends.

CONS: The price is way too high in my opinion. This product is basically shimmer, and no color really. Once you blend it in the color disappears. Beware that it is basically gold shimmer.


This is a picture of the Creme Stick obviously :P. I took it in my own back yard to make the picture more intersting...

PROS: The price is great, especially for how great this product is. The color is gorgeous with just the perfect amount of shimmer in my opinion.

CONS: The packaging to me is very drugstore looking. (Some may not care, but I thought I would point that out. I, personally, don't really care.) The product also smells a little drugstorey (haha that word is totally made up right now on the spot) but once you apply it you can't smell it.

Insert picture of me owning more than one. :) I actually bought the extra one for my sister because she loves this product.


SWATCH TIME! hehe OK so this Plaza Pink. The one on the bottom is not blended, but the one on the top is. Sorry for the darkness. I know this picture isn't the best quality... oh well I can only work on it.

This is a picture of Orgasm on top and Plaza Pink on the Bottom. They both are unblended. Look how little color Orgasm has! This picture really is true to life.

Verdict: Get the drugstore one. In my opinion this NARS multiple in particular is not worth the money.

I hope you enjoyed this! Do you want more of Battle of the Brand? What would you buy? Let me know in the comments!

XOXO,
Cathy

P.S. GO GET YOURSELF A CREME STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have heard Plaza Pink goes great with Benefit's Coralista... Just thought I would let you know. :) Also an Ulta haul will be going up tomorrow.

3 comments:

Devea said...

I have been dying to get the NYC Creme sticks, thanks for this review!

Cathy said...

Go out and get it! No problem, glad I could help you.

tasha~ said...

I love NARS products but its soo expensive~!! I think I will skip this products altogether ;)