Thursday, April 22, 2010

Nail Polish and Other Life Updates

Total computer fail right now... I meant to do a post yesterday but my computer wont even let me log on to it, so I decided to go on another one to have a new post. It isn't letting me put up my photos... Anyways I went to Ulta on Sunday and got 4 nail polishes for $11. Ulta had a buy 2, get 1 free deal going on and I had some coupons. I had a free nailpolish for my Ulta rewards and a $5 off coupon. YAY for good deals. :D I also went to Sephora and got the NARS So Famous set which I will do a review later on another post. (So comment below and tell me to do that!)

This color is called Pinking of You and its by OPI. I really like it but it is a bit sheer for me. I had to apply 3 coats to really see the color. I think next time I will put 1 coat of a white nail polish and 2 coats of this after. This is an all age kind of color and is appropriate for all work environments. Sorry for the messy application. I am working on it.. I am just so used to applying it crazily at night and peeling off the mess around my nails in the shower.


This color is Turquoise & Caicos. It is painted on 4 of my nails, but my thumb is For Audrey by China Glaze to show you how similar they are. Essie's version is a little more greener, but not worth having both for. It has sheer application and you must have 3 coats. (I was disappointed that is was so close but don't get me wrong it is still a beautiful color.) This is from Essie's 2010 Summer collection.

This is also from Essie's summer collection and is called Lapis of Luxury. It is a very gorgeous... sky blue? It is lighter in person than in this photograph. I'm pretty sure it was 3 coats. Most of Essie's formula is just sheer. But in this collection the colors are buildable so you can get good pigmentation out of them.

This one is called Playa Del Platinum. (For those who don't speak any Spanish it means Platinum Beach. I think it is a fitting name.) I really like this color and I am wearing it on my nails right now. It is a great nude color for summer. It is a bit gray sand color>>> which is like the name. :) Haha :) I really wish I would have gotten the other color in this collection (Splash of Grenadine) instead of Turquoise & Caicos.
I hope you guys enjoyed this! Please comment!
XOXO,
Cathy


No comments: