Thursday, April 29, 2010

NARS So Famous Set



I got this set during the Sephora 15% off deal. They didn't have it at my store, so they sent it to me through mail. Overall I wouldn't have bought the set again, but I have fallen in love with NARS. The one thing I hate is the price... oh well that's life. The packaging is really nice (I'm not a big fan of how dirty it can get) and the mirror is helpful. You can get this set here ($44).
This set comes with the blush Deep Throat $26, Orgasm Multiple (Comes with a mini one but the full size costs $38.), and a lip pencil in Bettina $24. This set is valued at $61. It was nice to try out some of NARS products for a cheaper price. I know I said before that I wouldn't personally buy it, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I guess only time will tell how much I actually end up using this.

Deep Throat: NARS is known for its risque names, and this one doesn't disappoint. The website says this is a peach with shimmer, and it is peachy but I would definitely say it has more pink to it. It is a peach but a pinky peach (?? I guess that is how I would describe this). I compared it to my MAC's Fun and Games blush, which definitely is a peach, and Deep Throat has a lot more pink to it. It is nicely pigmented, but I do like to blend it a little. No one wants to look like a clown. If you aren't as fair as me, you won't have to deal with blending I'm pretty sure. It lasts longer than MAC blushes, but not quite an 8 hour day.

Bettina: This lip pencil is very neutral and blends in with my lip color. Ever since I have had it I have only used it to test it out. It doesn't really excite me, and it seems like a darker neutral for spring. If you are looking for a nice neutral lip pencil it may be for you. I think it is a little over priced though and would look else where.

Orgasm Multiple Mini: This really is mini compared to the full size. I am kind of disappointed in NARS for making it that tiny. This set wasn't a ridiculously good deal either. When I swatched this on my hand I couldn't tell any color and all I saw was the gold sparkles. It had a creamy texture, but I was worried with the pigmentation. Needless to say I tried it on and the color looks really nice on my face. It does have a bit of sparkle still and I am worried in the bright sun if that will look crazy... I haven't really tested the staying power for this but if you would like me to, I can do an update telling you more.

Overall I think I could have gotten away with just getting the blush. The Multiple is nice, and I will probably use it all, but I don't think I would repurchase. I don't think it is worth almost $40 for. I am thinking about giving the lip pencil away because I just don't see myself ever using it... Like I said this set would be good for some, but I think I should have just gotten a blush.
Are any of you girls interested in this set? Leave me a comment!
XOXO,
Cathy

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with this company at all. I purchased everything by myself

2 comments:

Devea said...

I have heard so many great things about Deep Throat! I really want to try it!

I am a new follower! Follow my blog too! :) xoxo

Cathy said...

Already am! You should check it out. The only negative is the cost!