Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fake Nails Review

While I was away, you all know I was with my cousin. Well when we went to Wal-Mart together we happend to walk by the fake nail area. It was a spur of the moment decision, and we decided that we would put on fake nails. I don't know what overcame me because I am not a big fan of fake nails. I think it was a slight delusional moment... Anyways I made a little review down below for you guys, so scroll down for more. :)


So I got Kiss Everlasting French Nails. It even says it is better than Salon Nails. In the picture the nails look really nice, don't they? From afar they are very comparable to salon nails. Although I have never gotten fake nails at a salon, I know people who do.

Appearance: I mean how it looks is the most important point right? Up close you can see the glue because the glue is pink colored. You see exactly how the glue dried, and you all probably know that glue doesn't dry perfect... The pink color is nice, but there is no way to make it smooth and even. I don't even know if I am explaining this so you can understand haha. My sister noticed my nails and asked if I got them done. I told her I did it myself, so she looked up close and she noticed that it wasn't perfect. To some people, just looking good from afar is all they care about. I, however, prefer it to look nice both ways. The length was medium, and was way too long for me, so I had to file them a bit.

Application: The application was sooo easy. I just picked the size and filed them a bit in case they didn't fit. All you had to do was put some glue on the fake and natural nail, and then hold down for 5 seconds. The glue dries really fastly, which is good and bad. If you want to adjust, you have to do it really quickly. Other than that it was a breeze. What takes the longest is picking sizes and filing.

Wear: The claim of no chipping is a true claim from what I can tell. On the first day I had a nail fall off, so I just re-glued. Everyday that I wore these nails, they fell off. To me that is really annoying. I had them on for a little over 4 days, and I couldn't take it anymore. That day 3 nails fell off, I just gave up. I took them all off. So they didn't "chip", but they fell off. I really didn't have them on long enough to test chipping.

Price: I got them at Wal-Mart for less than $5, so that wasn't too bad.
Final Opinion: I have never done fake nails because I have such nice natural nails. Everytime you wear fake nails you damage your natural nails. When I took them all off, my nails felt very rough. My guess as to why they were this way is because a layer of my nail was taken off. I let my nails just go as they are for a whole day, but I had to do something with them because they were bothering me. I buffed my nails to help with the texture, put some nail hardening base coat, and slopped on some nail polish. (China Glaze For Audrey). I don't think I want to mess with fake nails... Maybe for my wedding or a dance, but not anytime soon. Only special occasions, and I think I would just have them professionally done. I'm not really sure. :)

I hoped everyone enjoyed this little review of fake nails. 

XOXO,
Cathy

3 comments:

Devea said...

Thanks for this review! I have used fake nails a couple of times before just because they look so promising and pretty and I just don't want to dish out $50 at the salon but in reality they are kind of a hassle. I guess they are only good for a day or two!

Cathy said...

Yeah, but it also depends on what fake nails you get. I'm thinking maybe this brand is bad, and there are better ones. But I have no idea.

Gina said...

Hi I wanted to let you know that I tagged you for a blog award! you can see it on my blog :)

imaginable21.blogspot.com

xo, gina